Call for Poster and Symposium Presentations
The 2021 oSTEM and Annual Conference Poster Session is intended for undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdocs to showcase their research to other conference attendees. Anyone performing academic or industry research is invited to submit a poster for consideration. If you are interested in submitting a poster please do so at the link provided. In addition to a poster session, we will be having a research symposium, which will be ~15 minutes long that includes a 10 minute talk with 5 minutes Q&A after the presentation. There are a limited number of spots available for this presentation.
This year, poster presentations will be virtual. We will be using Gather to display posters to conference attendees, which will allow for a virtual engagement similar to an in-person poster session. You will have the option to respond to questions/comments throughout the duration of the conference.
- July 26: Call for Poster/Symposium Opens
- October 1: Application Closes (Posters are accepted on a rolling basis)
- October 8: All poster submission/symposium speakers notified.
There are two different categories to submit:
- Poster Presentation Only - You are only interested in having your poster on display in Gather during the designated time period.
- Symposium/Poster Presentation - You are interested in giving an oral presentation on your research topic. If not selected for the research symposium, you would like to present a poster on your research.
As part of the application process, you will be required to upload the poster in a zoomable PDF format.
We will accept posters submissions on a rolling basis and you should hear back between 1-2 weeks after your poster submission indicating if your poster has been accepted. Final decisions on symposium talks will be communicated by Friday, October 8, 2021.
For full consideration for the symposium and poster session please submit applications prior to Friday, October 1, 2021.
Posters will be on display to all conference attendees during the day on Thursday through Sunday. The poster session will be Thursday, October 28 , 12-3 PST/ 3-6 EST. Posters will be presented on Gather. To participate in the poster session you will need to submit a zoomable PDF document of the poster when completing the submission form.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will poster submissions be open for the conference?
- We will accept posters up until October 1st, 2021.
- I submitted my poster but never received a confirmation email. Did you receive my poster submission?
- You should receive a confirmation screen after filling out the form that your submission has been accepted. If you are still unsure, please contact email@example.com if you have any issues.
- Do I have to participate in the research symposium to present a poster?
- Nope! Feel free to solely participate in the poster session.
- How will I know if my poster was accepted for the poster session?
- You should receive an email no later than two weeks after your submission confirming your poster submission. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- How will I know if my poster was accepted for the research symposium?
- The programming committee will contact those individuals who were accepted no later than Friday, October 8th 2021.
- Can I still present my poster if I wasn’t accepted for the research symposium?
- Of course!
- I have submitted my poster, but I would like to resubmit an updated version. Who should I contact?
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues with submitting posters.
For more information about the conference visit https://ostem.org/conference-2021.
For more information about oSTEM visit https://ostem.org.
Please email our Conference Programming Committee at email@example.com with any questions.
For inquiries regarding available conference accommodations or to request this document in an accessible format, please contact the Conference Accessiblity Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.