Frequently Asked Questions
When and where is the 2022 Annual Conference?
Dates: November 11-13, 2022, but we recommend arriving Thursday, November 10th if feasible.
Sheraton Boston Hotel
39 Dalton St, Boston, MA 02199
Where can I find the high-level schedule?
How is COVID-19 and the monkeypox outbreak affecting the conference?
We have decided to host our 2022 conference in person. Our COVID-19 and monkeypox outbreak mitigation strategy is still under development; more details will be forthcoming.
Will there be a Hackathon this year?
oSTEM will not be hosting a hackathon at this year’s conference. Instead, we will be collaborating with the NASA Space Apps Challenge happening October 1-2, 2022. To learn more about this opportunity, please visit Participant FAQ - NASA International Space Apps Challenge. If you do not see a local event for your city, you can join the Universal Event.
How do I register for the conference?
Registration for the conference is now open! Visit our Conference Registration Page for pricing and more information. We highly encourage attendees to register by October 14, 2022.
How do I register as a sponsor/exhibitor for the conference?
Our sponsor and exhibitor packages are officially SOLD OUT for the 12th Annual Conference. For organizations and companies that have already secured their sponsorship/exhibitor package, you should have received communication from Linda Aragon with your unique discount code to redeem your pre-paid registrations.
If you are interested in partnership opportunities for the 2023 conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are registration discounts available?
If you are 1) an oSTEM faculty or staff advisor or 2) a member of a Massachusetts-based LGBTQ or DEI Employee Resource Group or Affinity Group, please email email@example.com to discuss your eligibility for a discount.
What does conference registration cover?
- The Student and Professional tickets are both all-access passes to conference programming, events, and meals.
- oSTEM will provide Friday lunch, Saturday breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and Sunday breakfast.
- The Expo-only pass grants access only to the Graduate School and Career Fair Expo on Friday, November 11 and Saturday, November 12.
Will there be on-site registration?
Unfortunately, our team will not be able to accommodate on-site registration the day of. Please complete your registration by Friday, October 14, 2022.
Travel and Lodging
Can I stay at the hotel the conference is being hosted at? Is there a group rate?
Yes, you can stay at the Sheraton Boston Hotel
39 Dalton St.
Boston, MA 02199
Room Rate: $249/night up to four (4) occupants (does not include 14.95% of state & local taxes and fees)
- Check-in: 4:00 PM | Check-out: 12:00 PM
- Accessibility Information
- For further information please call the hotel at +1 617-236-2000
The room-block rate will end on October 14th. Book your room before the block fills up!
For further accessibility questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the best transportation and parking options?
Airport - Logan International Airport (BOS)
- 6.5 miles from hotel
- Airlines that support BOS
- Bay Back Logan Express Bus
- Free ride to Prudential Center (Boylston Street entrance) & $3 to airport | Stops at all Logan Airport terminals
- Approximately 25 - 30 minutes
- Wheelchair equipped and ADA compliant
- Runs 7 days/week every half hour from 5 AM to 9 PM leaving Back Bay and 6 AM to 10 PM leaving Logan Airport
- MBTA Blue Line to Green Line
- Includes approx. 0.4 miles of walking/additional travel
- 39 minutes, $2.40 fare
- Lyft, Uber, or Taxi
- Rates vary depending on availability and demand
- Approximately 15 - 30 minutes
Hotel Parking for Overnight and Local Guests
- Sheraton Boston Hotel
- $65 for daily on-site and valet Parking
- Electric car charging stations available
- Hynes Auditorium Garage (Open 24 hours)
- $40 for 10-24 hours
- 0.1 miles from Hotel
- Prudential Center
- $44 for daily Parking
- 0.3 miles from hotel
- ParkBoston or SpotHero
Career & Graduate School Expo
Will there be a career fair at the conference?
Yes! There will be 100+ sponsors and exhibitors seeking diverse talent in STEM. You'll have the opportunity to connect with recruiters at the 2-day Career Fair and Graduate School Expo. Click here to see a list of our current exhibitors.
How do I make sure employers have access to my resume?
Set up an account in the oSTEM Career Center and upload your resume. Doing so prior to the conference will increase your chances of receiving an interview during the conference.
How do I prepare for the expo?
- Visit the oSTEM YouTube Career Fair Prep page or your campus career center to learn more about tailoring resumes, creating an elevator pitch, and how to research employers. We recommend beginning your prep 1-2 weeks before the conference.
- Dress code is business casual attire which includes slacks, dark jeans, collared shirts, blouses, sweaters, blazers, polos, skirts, dresses, and closed-toe shoes. Avoid clothing with holes or excessive wrinkles. Please wear attire that makes you feel confident and highlights your authentic identity and expression as you connect with peers, colleagues and future employers.
What am I agreeing to by registering for the conference?All attendees are agreeing to oSTEM’s Code of Conduct by registering for the conference. Please review and be familiar with the code of conduct prior to attending.
Is there financial assistance for students to attend?Each year oSTEM has a Chapter Travel Grant Application. This year's application closed on September 30th. We encourage you to explore additional campus and community resources.. Starting early is key! Reach out to email@example.com for ideas for next year's annual conference.
What should I bring to the conference?
- Copies of your resume and/or CV for the Career & Graduate School Expo
- Water bottle
- Nice, comfortable shoes for walking
What is the dress code?
Attendees are asked to dress in business casual attire which includes slacks, dark jeans, collared shirts, blouses, sweaters, blazers, polos, skirts, dresses, and closed-toe shoes. Avoid clothing with holes or excessive wrinkles. Please wear attire that makes you feel confident and highlights your authentic identity and expression as you connect with peers, colleagues and future employers.
Do I need to be "out" to attend? Will photos be taken?
No. Everyone is welcome to attend the conference. We strive to create a safe and inclusive space regardless on if you are out or selectively out. While photos will be taken at the conference, anyone uncomfortable with their photo being shared has the option to pick a lanyard that indicates to photographers and other guests that you do not wish to have your photo shared.
I have a question which is not answered here.
- If you are a sponsor, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logistics (travel, non-sponsor registration): email@example.com
- Programming (speakers, posters, other programs): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership (conference resources, chapter logistics): email@example.com
- Accessibility: firstname.lastname@example.org